Hey, friend! I’m Carmen.
The most important thing you can know about me is that I love Jesus with all my heart. Sitting in a church camp open-air sanctuary, the sounds of crickets chirping, sweat gathering above my lip and dampening the hair on my forehead, God, through the Holy Spirit, spoke to my young teen heart to surrender my life to Him. I did, and I am thankful beyond words for God’s saving grace. Not only for eternal life but for my everyday life. I need Him every hour.
My fella and I have been married for 40+ years (I know. I know. I don’t look old enough for all that. What can I say? Child bride?), and we have a beautiful daughter who is a joy. I come from a large extended family, which I consider one of my biggest blessings. My family calls the Bayou State home.
Big family gatherings, church potlucks, and getting together with friends are some of my favorite times. True crime forums and podcasts are a fun indulgence. Oh, and let’s not forget dark chocolate.
I love the beach — the sound of waves, the smell of the salty air, and the breeze blowing in off the water minister to me deeply. I am hoping that God will set me up in a cute little bungalow on the beach with a closet full of chocolate for my eternal home with Him :)
Women’s ministry is my calling.
Coaching, writing, and speaking are a few ways God uses me to pour into His girls’ lives. I love to talk and laugh, so should we meet, we would sit down for a chat and be laughing before we parted. I have life coached for years and just didn’t know what to call it. Mentoring, lay counseling, and offering a listening ear (or text) are my training grounds for ministry.
Experiencing healing of my own damaged heart (through my relationship with Jesus and the help of a great Christian counselor) taught me tools that I now offer those the Holy Spirit sends my way. Plowing through unhealthy thinking in my own life has helped me see how changing our perspective on the unexpected circumstances in our life changes our reaction to them.
My prayer is that Jesus, the ultimate Life Coach and Hope Giver, will shine so very brightly through His divine connections.
Friend, you are welcome here. I sure hope you stop by for another visit soon!
Carmen’s Statement of Faith
(Adapted from alisachilders.com)
- I believe the Old and New Testament Scriptures are inspired by God and inerrant in the original text. Scripture is the supreme and final authority in faith and life. Scripture is useful to believers for teaching, reproof, correction, and training in righteousness.
- I believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father. I believe in the deity of the Holy Spirit as a person distinct from the Father and Son and possessing all of the divine attributes. He exalts Christ, convicts people of sin, and enlightens and empowers believers and the church in worship, evangelism, and service.
- I believe that man was created in the image of God and that the whole human race fell in the fall of the first Adam and was alienated from God. Only through faith, trusting in Christ alone for salvation, which was made possible by His death and resurrection, are we reconciled to God.
- I believe in the eternal life of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- I believe the Lord Jesus is coming again to this earth, personally, bodily, and visibly to consummate history and God’s eternal plan.